Saturday, April 29, 2006

A walk in the park


Fight to get up at 6 am every morning, run to the shuttle, crawl your way through the chaotic bangalore traffic, get in front of the 21" screen to type plain gibberish (for which you even get paid) with fairly interspersed caffeine breaks, and now next is ever-so-long drive back home. What do you get ? A typical day in the life a much revered, for the lack of a better word, corporate employee.
When was the last time I realized that life is wee bit more gigling at funny email that my colleague has sent? When was the last time I decided to break free from monotony of sedantary urbane life? I'm up at first light everyday, but when was the last time I enjoyed a sunrise? The questions aren't really meant to thought provoking. For me, and for zillionth time, it was today.
I woke up at 5.30 am today, drove to the Hebbal lake, with the intention of a brisk jog with a few photographs. It was my first time there.
Curiously, I asked the gate keeper, if I had to buy a ticket to enter, she laughed me away. And, began my two hour long tread into a territory, unknown, which I was so going relish, and an interest which I am so going to pursue, only harder.

1 Comments:

Blogger srijithunni said...

Thanks for bringing this up.!

I must truly do this kind of thing. I`m sure it will rejuvenate me a lot.!!

THe only tough part, being getting up early.. :-(

Nice Blog, and great posts and pics..

With Best Regards,
Srijith.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home