Friday, August 11, 2006

Light years away - The first two days

Its a different continent alright. Eight thousand five hundred miles away from home, after a twenty six hour ordeal, trying to set up everything from scratch. A home which can never be mine, a land which which will never be mine. But, here I am. Carnegie Mellon.

keepOnWalking walkToTheSky(2)


Staying at my IGSA hosts, has the been the best thing during my stay thus far. Saurab, Muddasar, and Sharad. For hundreds of reasons they have been more than helpful to this newbie in town. Food and frolic - do's and don't. Everything. I'm still learning.

smsHouselamp

First things when I got here, walked up to INI for some help. Terry (at the front desk) and Mat (system admin) were the only ones there. Checked mail. Realised that my Karthik's (my roommate) flight was canceled - luck bum - got to stay in The Sheraton for a night though.
For starters, I got my bank account and my Carnegie Mellon ID card done, which I can use move around in the city with local transport here.

uPitt


The CYERT Hall is the saviour - with free internet for all the CMU students. I'm here every day. My only source of communication with the otherside of the world. Looked up a few apartments online, shortlisted a few. Tired. End of day ONE.

2 Comments:

Blogger CandidConfessions said...

Im in awe of Cathedral of learning!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Adarsh Bhat said...

> A home which can never be mine

In a few years, I would like to remind you of this statement. :)

You seem to have grown more possessive over a few days: *my* bank account, *my* Carneigie Mellon ID, *my* Karthik. :P

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home